Thursday, December 1, 2011

My newest hobby...

...is baking!

Baking BREAD to be exact.

Last month my new sister-in-law and I took a three-day 
(three hours each day)
course in downtown Houston on how to make artisan breads.

We learned how to bake
Rustic Italian
Focaccia
Ciabatta
French Baguettes
Sourdough
Rosemary Sourdough
Pain a l'Ancienne
Pizza Dough

My faves were definitely the baguettes, focaccia, and ciabatta.

And let me tell ya...these aren't exactly the easiest breads to make.
They aren't exactly super difficult either, but they are time consuming and there are certain techniques that would probably be hard to figure out if you didn't learn from someone.
Hence, why we took the class.
And it was totally worth it 'cause I learned a lot!

So far, since I took this class, I've made baguettes twice and focaccia once.
Ciabatta is next on my list.

I'm sad that I didn't get a picture of my focaccia, but here are some of my baguettes.
They turned out heavenly!  

I'm thinking of becoming a baker.
Not really.
But maybe :)

4 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

Looks delish! You should make some and send it to the people on your list for Christmas!

Unknown said...

Will you teach me next time you are here? Those look awesome!

ashlee said...

I want to move to Texas just to eat your bread! It looks so yummy!

nate and amy crandell said...

Oh man that looks soo good!! It's totally fast Sunday, so I'm drooling haha.