By the time April came, Nick's parents were back living in their home in Houston and Nick and I had still yet to find a house we liked. And let me tell ya, we were taking this whole house buying thing seriously. We wanted to find a house, move into it, and never move again...or at least not again for a very long time. The problem was compromising on the many things that we both wanted in our future home.
Anyway, so Nick and I moved into one of his parents' rental homes the second week of April. Two weeks later, Nick and I found a potential home for us.
- Location: It's in an area with tons of trees, has a country feel, but is only a couple miles from the freeway and shopping
- 1/2 acre lot
- No deed restrictions and no HOA, meaning we can do WHATEVER we want with the land
- Big-ish kitchen
- Built in 1980
- Ugly flooring in entire house, each room has a different type of flooring than the room before
- Old and outdated kitchen cabinets
- House wreaks of smoke 'cause they were smokers
- Run-down, detached garage
In the end, we bought it. But it did eventually get it. Nick had to do A LOT of convincing on his part to get me to agree to it. Eventually I agreed because since the house was so inexpensive we would be able to spend the money needed to renovate the entire house and make it OURS!
Despite the fact that there is a whole lot of work to be done on the house, I'm actually very excited about it all. We are finally homeowners again! Nick is particularly excited to begin all his new projects on the house. I'm so grateful to have a husband who loves to do all the hard work!