Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

This Christmas was a million times better than last Christmas.

Last Christmas wasn't so fun because Payton had just been born and I was still really sore {and hormonal} from having a c-section.

Also, I didn't put much thought or effort into the gifts I gave because...you know...I JUST had a baby.  And that's one of my favorite parts of Christmas...GIVING gifts.

Also, because I was a new, stressed-out, sore, and hormonal mommy I never really got in the TRUE Christmas spirit.  I think I was too engrossed in the whole new-mommy thing that I never really thought about the birth of Christ.  Let me tell ya...I WILL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN!

So THIS Christmas I did my best to keep my mind on Christ.

I thought a lot about our Savior's birth and everything else surrounding it.  I thought about Mary bringing the Son of God into this world and how heavy of a burden BUT also blessing that must have been to her!  I thought about the sacredness of it all and the humble way he came into this world --- in a stable.

So this Christmas the ornaments that I bought represented our Savior's birth.

This Christmas was more fun also because Payton was older.  Yes, she's only 1 and didn't understand what was going on at all, but she enjoyed opening presents and playing with her new gifts!  It's true when they say that Christmas is more fun as a parent than as a child.

Merry Christmas, Ya'll!

Can you believe I actually sent out Christmas Cards?
Meeting Santa at Bass Pro Shop
Christmas Eve breakfast at Rudy's.  Walking around with Cousin Brooke.
All dressed up and looking all grown up for church the Sunday before Christmas.
These antlers had bells on them and she would shake her head when she wore them so she could hear them jingle.  Or she would take it off and play with it instead of wearing it.
This girl was IN LOVE with the Christmas tree.  Her favorite was pointing {and trying to grab} all the ornaments.
She got a wagon for Christmas and it was an instant hit.
Watching the fire daddy made to burn all the boxes and wrapping paper.
She also got blocks and loves them.





No comments: