Friday, September 23, 2011

Our Spot

Some couples might have a special place.  Where they met.  Where they fell in love.  Where they spend their time together.  A place where a big or even small event occurred to make it special to them.  It's THEIR special spot.

Mine and husband's special place is In-N-Out.  Yes, I am serious.
Especially THIS In-N-Out.
It's on Ray Road just east of I-10.

Husband and I have frequented this particular establishment since the beginning of our relationship.  I wouldn't be surprised if we have been there 100 times together.

Some of you might be asking yourselves...WHY??????

Our reasons are as follows:
{In no particular order}
  • Best hamburgers.  Hands down.
  • Clean environment.
  • Good prices.
  • Nice outside eating area.
  • Smart business.
  • Friendly workers.
  • Free refills of Diet Coke.
This is where he took me on our second date and many more dates to follow.
{If he could have a do-over, he would have taken me there on our first!}
This is where we would meet to eat and talk for HOURS!
This is where we really got to know each other and "Fell in LOVE"  Awwww...
This is where we got engaged.
AND
This is where we {including our families and close friends} ate right after we got married!
Since being married it's still where we like to eat and spend hours chatting about life, politics, moving, work, family, friends, finances, goals, future plans, and anything else under the sun.

Our favorite time to go is Saturday morning at 10 am.  
I remember when we first started dating he told me he went there nearly everyday for breakfast at 10 am.  My response, "I could NEVER have it for breakfast!"  I stand corrected.  It's the best time to go because there's hardly anyone else there, so it's quiet and the burgers are the best quality!  And we even have a favorite booth we like to sit at inside and a favorite table we like to sit at outside.

When we walk in they know us and have already called out our order.
  • 2 Hamburgers. Animal Style. With chilies. A fry. A large drink. And a water.
Okay.  I admit.  We're obsessed.  And quite possibly a bit crazy. 

But it's OUR spot.

And we're going to miss it dearly when we move to Texas!

Good thing In-N-Out is making it's way to Houston.
They already have 9 of them built in Dallas, which is only 3 hours away.
I'm sure we'll be taking many trips there until it makes its way to our neighborhood!

1 comment:

Doug and Amanda said...

You are too cute! Burgers are my favorite food, so I think it's awesome that In-N-Out is your special place!