Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hey y'all!

We're moving to Texas.
HOUSTON, Texas.


When husband and I were engaged I remember asking him, "Do you ever want to move back to Houston?"

{His whole immediate family lives there and he lived there for 3 years.}

His response, "Maybe.  In the future if things work out that way.  But I'm happy to be here in AZ!"

That was approximately 5 months ago and already we have put our house up for sale and have made the plans to move!

So why are we moving to Houston?
Well...for lots of reasons. 
But mainly for husband's job.

Poor guy is scared to death that my family hates him and think he's "taking me away" from them.

But I assure all y'all...it was mainly MY decision to move.
Obviously, we wouldn't be going if it wasn't for his job.
But I had ultimate VETO power.

It is all kinds of crazy though!
The weekend we are planning on moving out there will be exactly a year from when he first asked me out.
Weird.
And so therefore, we will be moving there a little less than a year from when we first met.
Weird.

Crazy how much can change in just a year.
A year ago from now I had no idea that I would be moving to Texas.
And with a husband!

Anyway, we spent 2 weeks in Houston this summer so I could get to know his family and get to know the area, "just in case" we ever thought of moving there :)  

Well, now we actually are.
And we're super excited for this adventure!

Now I just gotta go find me some sassy boots :)
I'm thinking these will do!

Random Texas Facts:
  • One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.
  • Texas is the only state to enter the United States by treaty instead of territorial annexation.
  • It is illegal to sell one's eye.
  • The state was an independent nation from 1836 to 1845.
  • It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
  • It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
  • It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
  • The first word spoken on the moon was Houston.
  • Texas possesses 3 of the top 10 most populous cities in the US.  Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.
  • Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on a Monday.
  • Texans fought a battle after the end of the Civil War because they hadn't heard the war was over.
  • Ima Hogg was the real name of a Texas governor's daughter. {Hahahahahaha!!!}

4 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

How EXCITING! Have fun in Texas, get some cute boots :)

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Yeehaw!! How exciting for you two. I love those boots. I can't wait to come visit.

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

We don't hate Nick....we THANK him. Ha HA JK!!!! How far to the nearest In-N-Out??? I'll send you pics of us eating at In-N-Out just to make you jealous! Can we visit you and go to Rudy's? Why is it always about FOOD???

Alerie said...

Hey Donelle!! How exciting!! I am so excited for you, because I lived in Texas with my husband for 3 years (Austin) and I LOVED it!! I actually tell people that if I could move my whole family there I would choose to live there over Arizona. It is an amazing city. You definitely need to make a trip there. AND yes the food in Texas is the BEST!! Rudy's is my absolute favorite. I miss it so much!! There is another good BBQ located right outside of Austin (Round Rock and Driftwood) called Salt Lick that you should try if you ever go. Also If I remember right you either got your teaching degree in history or you like it. So I am sure you know this, but the Alamo in San Antonio was really neat to tour and the River Walk is right there that is cool. Then the capital in Austin is GORGEOUS and you can walk around in it and tour that too. I hope that you enjoy it!! It will be fun!!