Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The way to a man's heart

Homemade Salsa Fresca

Well...it's at least the way to Nick's heart.
I think I was able to solidify our marriage even more when I made it for him.

Nick told me I could make it anytime.  I told him as "easy" as it is, it can be time consuming and tedious chopping up all those veges.  So we went to Target and bought THIS small 3-Cup food chopper thing.  I love it. And Nick loves it too because now I can whip out some Salsa Fresca in no time. Our goal is to plant a garden where we can grow most of the ingredients.

Maybe you already make this.  Maybe you already have your own recipe.  
But for you Salsa Fresca virgins, here's my 

EVER-SO-SIMPLE-AND-NOT-REALLY-MEASURED-SALSA-FRESCA Recipe

{Add or subtract according to your own taste}

Chop and Mix
8 Roma Tomatoes
1 Onion
1 bushel of Cilantro
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 Serrano Pepper
(However, last time I made it I omitted the Serrano Pepper 'cause the Jalapeno was a HOT one)

Then squeeze the juice of 2 limes right in there.  And also add a dash or two of salt.

And TADA!  Amazingly fresh Salsa!

George: Salsa is now the number one condiment in America.
Jerry: Do you know why? Because people like to say "Salsa"

Watch the video HERE!

No comments: