Thursday, March 28, 2013

New Beginnings~Bloom Where You Are Planted


I'm the 2nd counselor in my ward's Young Women Presidency, so I had the privilege of putting together this year's New Beginnings.

2013's Mutual theme is STAND YE IN HOLY PLACES...
D&C 87:8
Stand ye in Holy Places and be not moved until the day of the Lord come, for behold it cometh quickly saith the Lord.
So,  to coordinate with that we chose the theme BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED for our NBs.

Since it's been a good 10 years since I've been to a NBs I searched around on Pinterest for different ideas and inspiration. I actually found THIS blog & THIS blog that helped to inspire the direction I wanted to go for decorations and flow of program.

It turned out WONDERFUL!  The girls la la LOVED the decorations...which I knew they would...and it was an incredibly SPIRITUAL evening.

I gave the "keynote" talk, "Bloom Where You Are Planted."  I pretty much talked about how the girls are like flowers.  They need to STAND in Holy Places like a flower needs to be planted in good soil.  The girls need to nourish their testimonies through faith and keeping the commandments like a flower needs sunshine and frequent watering.  And when they continue to nourish their testimonies they bloom like a well-taken care of flower.  Yadda yadda yadda...

We had a few other great speakers, but my favorite was one of our Young Women who bore her testimony  on how Personal Progress has helped her to Stand in Holy Places.  She did a phenomenal job and I was just in absolute awe at how strong she and other Young Women in my ward are, especially considering that they live in an area where the Church is still not super strong.

Anyway, it was a wonderful evening and it was a blast to put together!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO CUTE! You did awesome sis!!

nate and amy crandell said...

WOW! You did an amazing job! And oh my heck Payton is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! I love all her outfits and and bows....geeze she is beautiful!