Friday, January 27, 2012

The grass is greener on the other side...literally!


Husband and I have now been in Texas for a grand total of 119 days {4-ish months}
It's still crazy to me that we made this move...and that we did it so quickly.

And so far I'm still very happy with our decision to move here!

That doesn't mean though that I don't miss Arizona.  I'm really missing...

{My family...especially these munchkins!}
That face is seriously so cute!!!!

{Arizona Roads/Freeways}

Seriously people, the roads in Houston STINK!!!!  A lot of them are old with cracks.  They are almost ALWAYS congested with traffic.  None of them actually go North/South or East/West.  Many of them are beautiful with huge trees lining the medians, but they also have stop signs every block.  And one of the main freeways to go downtown is tolled so you have to take surface streets to avoid paying the toll.  Stupid.

{In-N-Out}
Especially this one!

However, there are some In-N-Out's in Dallas.  Husband and I actually took a daycation to Dallas JUST so that we could go to In-N-Out.  We had it 3 times while were were there...all in one day.  Actually when we first got there {just before 10 am, 'cause we left Houston at 6 am} the regional manager was there and heard our story, so that first meal was free!  Holla!

And I miss going to the grocery store, or going out to eat, or even just driving down the street and seeing people that I know.  It's kinda weird for me to live somewhere where I really don't know many people.

*****************************************

BUT...

There are a lot of things that I love about Houston, TX!

{People here say "Yes, ma'am!"} 
or "Thank you, ma'am!" or "Can I help you with that, ma'am?" Which makes me feel kinda old, but I also kinda love it.  It's that southern charm that really makes me love the people here.

{These bumper stickers...}
And yes.  I do actually see these bumper stickers on cars around here.

And my favorite...

{Green grass, trees, and something called RAIN}
Which I've only ever heard about until I moved here.

And now that I'm teaching more dance it's beginning to feel more like HOME.

Oh, and husband's work schedule is MUCH better now!
{No more working on Sundays!!!!!}

PS...Mason comes home from his mission on March 9th.  Husband and I are going to AZ then to see him!  I'm seriously so excited!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dont forget you miss your cousins too!! hahaha.

those are the greatest bumper stickers!
you are so lucky to be able to have an amazing adventure with your hubby! how i would love to have an opportunity to do that.

nate and amy crandell said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see pics of the new place too!